This position has been filled.
Swift Foundation seeks a part-time Grants Manager (GM). This role will report to the Operations Manager and/or Executive Director. The Grants Manager of Swift Foundation ensures that Swift Foundation’s programmatic funding intentions are adequately translated into equitable, legally compliant, and efficient grants and payments that are consistent with the Foundation’s goals and values. The GM manages the Foundation’s grants management system and works closely with the executive director, program officers, accounting, and staff in developing and managing grants, developing reports, and ensuring timely payments and processing of recommendations to the Donor Advised Fund.
Successful candidates will be highly dedicated, well-organized individuals who are committed to serving a diverse clientele in a timely manner. Successful candidates will be able to develop effective, values-driven working relationships with individuals who have a wide range of interests and lived experiences. This role requires the ability to multi-task with limited supervision, a comfort level in communicating across virtual platforms.
This position is part-time, salaried, and includes a benefits package. We will consider all candidates eligible to work in the United States, with preference given to those living in the state of New Mexico. All Swift Foundation staff work remotely in a home or shared office environment.
The Grants Manager of Swift Foundation ensures that Swift Foundation’s programmatic funding intentions are adequately translated into equitable, legally compliant, and efficient grants and payments that are consistent with the Foundation’s goals and values. The position manages the Foundation’s grants management system and works closely with the executive director, program officers, accounting, and staff in developing and managing grants, developing reports, and ensuring timely payments and processing of recommendations to the Donor Advised Fund.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Grants Management practices, processes
- Lead grants management process
- Process grant dockets on a quarterly basis during the pre-award, award, and close-out periods
- Process out-of-cycle discretionary grants and exceptional grants as directed by ED or program officers
- Manage the development and operations of GivingData, the Swift Foundation grants management system
- Track grants in a diligent and organized fashion
- Track proposals and reports past due, coordinate with staff accordingly
- Maintain grantee contact records and profiles
- Ensure proposals/reports are uploaded and follow-up as needed
- Pull reports for ED as requested ensuring that proper systems are in-place to facilitate smooth and timely submission of internal reporting
- Work with GivingData support staff to troubleshoot database issues
- Coordinate with staff and grantee partners to ensure that necessary documentation is on file for all grantee applications
- Assist with any evaluation and data collection efforts to ensure good monitoring and reporting
- Recommend and design system/workflow improvements and conduct GMS training for all staff and partners
- Organize grant files in cloud-based shared file system as requested or when applicable
- Provide necessary documentation and reporting to ED and financial management to ensure the timely completion and filing of all necessary tax forms including the IRS 990- PF and the annual audit
- Develop proposal, reporting, and grant agreement formats for partners that closely correspond to Swift’s mission and values
- Continually monitor and implement grantee-centric best practices into Swift’s grants processes
- Maintain relationship with Donor Advised Fund (DAF) sponsor, Global Greengrants Fund
- Update website (in coordination with web manager) with new grantees or investees quarterly
Data, Learning, and Evaluation
- Collect, aggregates and analyses data for compliance, decision making, and learning/evaluation purposes
- Summarize and communicate different sets of data internally (for ad hoc or long-term learning of the Board and staff) and externally
- Advise and support program staff in areas of planning and practice, and collection and use of data for learning and advancing strategic goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Integrity and dedication to Swift’s mission
- Commitment to serve a diverse clientele
- Respectful and ethical
- Well organized, extremely accurate, attentive to detail and reliable
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage time well
- Willingness to respond to immediate requests
- Able to work with staff remotely/virtually
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Able to maintain high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Professional and welcoming demeanor both in person and by email or phone
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, a positive attitude, and a strong, sound judgement
- Proficient in Excel, Google, and MS Word
- Proficient in a Windows/PC & Mac environment and able to quickly become proficient in the
- use of Swift’s digital systems (i.e., tech savvy)
- Experience interacting with partners in a professional and helpful manner
- Good sense of humor, kind, patient, flexible and manages change well
- Organized, proactive and can be self-directed
- Fluent in Spanish and English (highly desired)
- Knowledge of Indigenous communities (highly desired); cultural awareness
- Knowledge of philanthropy (desired, not required)
- Education/Work Experience
- High School diploma. Some college preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience
Salary range is USD $33,000 to 39,000 per annum at .60 FTE
Swift Foundation offers a generous cafeteria-style benefits package, elements of which include, but
are not limited to:
- Employer matching SIMPLE IRA plan: 3% employer contribution
- Option to reimburse health care expenses up to USD $10,000 per annum. May include:
- Cost of health care insurance premiums for you and/or your immediate family
- Out-of-pocket health care expenses, approved by Swift Foundation, incurred directly by you
- Vacation: Three (3) weeks PTO per year, including sick, personal, and vacation days.
- Paid holidays: 13 holidays per year
About Swift Foundation
Swift Foundation’s mission is to support peoples who protect the places they live, love, know, and share with all our relations. Swift Foundation accompanies a small group of long-term partners with grants, time, introductions, and access to investment capital. We aim to develop trust-based relationships with our grantee-partners and assist in their connections and alliances with other organizations, foundations, and networks. As a small staff and board, we recognize our limitations and thus try to identify and work with emerging organizations where our grants of $20,000 to $100,000 can make the biggest difference.
For more information on Swift Foundation, explore our website: https://swiftfoundation.org/
Equal Employment Opportunity
Swift Foundation is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetics, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Persons receiving services in our programs are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.
This position has been filled.